¾ cup whole milk
3 large eggs
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¾ cup all purpose flour (or a mix of buckwheat and all purpose)
4 Tbs. unsalted butter
1-2 apples peeled, cored thinly sliced
1-2 Tbs. brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 425˚F.
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour and whisk until batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over med high heat. Melt butter in the pan, when the butter stops foaming add the apples, arrange in an overlapping single layer, let cook undisturbed for about 10 minutes, toss the apples around a little and cook for another few minutes.
- Pour batter over apples in cast iron pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake until pancake is brown, and puffed, about 15-20 mins.
Make Ahead Tip: Start with step 4 and continue until the end of cooking the apples. When you are ready to serve, mix the batter together. Put the apples back on the stove to reheat (about 3 minutes) and continue with step 5.