2 cups (8oz/225g) rolled oats, I like the large flake or old fashioned for these
1 cup (4½ oz/130 g) of brown rice flour (or any flour of your choice)
¾ cup (2 oz/55g) shredded unsweetened coconut
1 Tbs. cinnamon
¼ tsp. sea salt
¾ cup maple syrup
½ cup canola oil OR liquid coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
½ cup small raisins or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F or 325˚F convection. Line several cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine, oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
- In a smaller bowl or measuring cup, stir together the maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until evenly combined.
- Fold in walnuts, raisins or chocolate chips.
- Using a soup spoon or mini-scooper, scoop batter into mounds onto the prepared cookie sheet. You may need to form them into mounds with you fingers. They may appear as if they are not coming together, but they bake up great! Don’t worry about crowding the pan a little, they do not spread.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 3-4 dozen